I’m a self proclaimed cookie connoisseur. Or cookie monster. Whichever term you prefer. Especially now that fall is here, there’s nothing better than a couple of fresh cookies and a big glass of milk at the end of the evening. Now while you can never go wrong with a classic chocolate chip, these peanut butter cookies can give ‘em a run for their money, especially fresh out of the oven. Here’s my recipe for the perfect peanut butter cookies… a little crispy, a little creamy, and a whole lot of delicious.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the peanut butter and continue to beat on high.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mixture and beat until creamy.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the raw sugar on a clean, dry surface. I use a length of wax paper or a plate.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls, then roll them lightly through the sprinkled sugar. You can also use white sugar, I like the extra crunch and caramel-y flavor from the raw!
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and place the balls of dough evenly. Use a fork to flatten them.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, remove from oven and knock the bottom of the cookie sheet against a hard surface to flatten them and make sure they cool evenly. Remove the foil from the sheet to make sure they don’t keep cooking!
- Pour yourself a big glass of chocolate milk and enjoy as many as you can get your paws on! This recipe makes 2 dozen small or 18 large cookies.
Eeeek!!! Despite my parents’ best efforts and frequent admonishments from my husband, I will NEVER grow up. I still like chocolate milk, have frequent tantrums, and enjoy playing dress up just as much as ever. In fact, I think I probably like playing dress up even more now. So when I first took this blush tulle skirt out of the package, in a display of sophisticated delight I immediately shrieked “look at my new princess skirt!!” Yes, this skirt is the stuff that little girls’ dreams are made of, but it’s also totally grown-up chic. I paired it with a striped cropped tee and studded heels to up the cool factor and down the Disney factor… even though I definitely sang a few refrains of Let It Go.
The thing about tulle skirts though is that they’re totally versatile (and currently all the rage). Whether you’re channeling Carrie Bradshaw in a tiered mini or your feeling bridal in an ivory midi, it creates the perfect dreamy look every time. I admit it takes a bold fashionista to don several yards of tulle for an everyday look, but no guts no glory, amirite?? Uptown Manhattan or Downtown Disney, I am totally on board with the tulle trend either way.
Skirt: c/o The Girl That Loves // Top: c/o The Girl That Loves // Shoes: Valentino // Clutch: Benevolent Jewels
1 2 3 … 58 Next